Multiply is a new government-funded programme to help adults improve their numeracy skills. If you’re aged 19 and over and don’t have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), you can access free numeracy courses through Multiply to build your confidence with numbers and even gain a qualification.
- Budgeting – Are you finding it difficult to juggle your incomings and outgoings? Come to this free workshop designed to help you develop, manage, and maintain a budget with confidence.
- Food shopping and deals – puzzled by prices? Confused by club cards? We look at how to understand supermarket prices, deals, and offers, and how to make your money go further with the weekly shop.
- Loans – whether you’re consolidating debt, looking to buy a new car or renovate a room, loans are useful ways to purchase large items. If you need some help understanding APR, credit scores and eligibility, this workshop is for you.
- Credit cards – would you like to understand more about credit cards, their uses, costs, charges, and interest free offers? This workshop is designed to increase understanding of credit cards so you can feel more confident in how to use them.
- Utilities & mobiles – if you’re interested in building confidence to find the best energy, broadband and mobile phone deals, this workshop is for you. We look at utilities, break down the costs and help you understand how to compare services to suit your needs.
- Cost-friendly cooking – a hands-on course designed to build confidence cooking fresh and tasty meals, with budget-friendly recipes at the forefront.
- Independent living – if you’ve recently moved home and could do with some help to build confidence in running a household, we may be able to help. From basic DIY to managing your bills, we have workshops to suit your needs.
- Travel – would you like to be able to travel further afield, either to go shopping, to work, education or explore the countryside, we have a workshop designed to help build confidence in reading train and bus timetables, buying tickets, and managing your time.
We can support you to make meals the whole family will love, by improving your understanding of:
- Quantities – halving/doubling
- Working out costs per portion
We can support you to support your children with their math homework. From Year 3 to GCSE.
Our Numeracy Support will help you upskill and increase your employability through the following free accredited courses:
- Entry Level Maths – For adults looking to upskill themselves in maths or work towards gaining formal qualifications, our 10-week ‘Entry Level Maths’ course is a great place to start, building confidence and understanding of key maths skills.
- GCSE Courses – For adults aiming to gain a formal qualification in maths, we are offering free 36-week GCSE courses at both foundation and intermediate level. Whether people are looking to improve their grades or attain qualifications they may have missed earlier in life, Multiply can support these ambitions. Currently, this course is being offered to those able to reach venues in Abergavenny or Caldicot and the deadline for joining these courses is the 24th of November 2023
- GCSE Resit – We are offering free one-to-one revision sessions for adults who are resitting GCSE maths. These sessions will be tailored to the individual’s needs and can be offered both in person and online. We can help to boost grades and develop confidence and a better understanding of GCSE maths, enabling adults to achieve their full potential. Note that November 2023 resits will be prioritised.